Parents/Guardians: The Code Yellow at Teague Middle School has now ended. Activities will
resume as normal operations on campus.
At approximately 10:30 am, under the advisement of Seminole County Sheriff’s Office, Teague was placed in a Code Yellow due to an incident in the community. Please know the students and staff are safe and you will be notified when the Code Yellow ends.
Debra Abbott, Principal
The Teague Fire Alarm was accidentally pulled today however, the alarm was reset and all students, faculty and staff are safe. All students and teachers remained in their classrooms (a “stay-put” was
announced) and the campus resumed normal activities.
- Basketball Schedule
March 28 – Teague vs. Markham (Boys at home, Girls away)
April 4 – Teague vs Greenwood Lakes (Boys away, Girls at home)
April 11 – Teague vs Rock Lake (Boys away, Girls at home)
April 18 – Teague vs Sanford (Boys at home, Girls away)
April 25 – Teague vs Millenium (Boys at home, Girls away)
- Spring Pictures – Thursday March 29.
- FSA begins April 16, 2018. Please see attached schedule for details. 0501 Teague MS Testing Dates 2018 Sem 2.xlsx
- 2nd Annual School Safety and Security Forum – Thursday March 29 – 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm Winter Spring HS
- ATTENTION PARENTS OF iJourney and iConnect students: We need your help! Your son or daughter will need to return the Certiport Parent/Legal Guardian Consent Form in order to create an account within Certiport prior to being allowed to take any of the exams. Certiport Permission Forms were sent home with students on February 23. If your child has already returned the permission form, you do not need to do anything more at this time (Thank you). A printable copy of the permission form is attached. Please print a copy and have your child bring the completed form to his or her iJourney or iConnect teacher. Students will NOT be permitted to take the exams without a completed permission form. The first testing window will take place on April 10 and April 11. Students who are successful with the Industry Certification Exams will have educational and occupational advantages as they move on to high school. These certifications can provide students with advantages in future employment opportunities, obtaining scholarships, college entry, and internships. 150925 Certiport Parental Consent Form (1).pdf
Please remember the PTSA Sponsored Spirit Night to Be held at RDV, Friday Feb. 23, 2018, 6:45 PM – 9:45 PM. Details are attached: RDV Flyer.pdf
Dear Teague Families,
We are aware of rumors about a threat circulating amongst students today around campus. Please be rest assured we've been working with law enforcement to investigate these rumors fully and have found no credible threat whatsoever. Your students are completely safe and school activities are occurring as normal. Obviously, in the aftermath of the events that took place in South Florida, we are all on heightened alert. To that end, we want you all to know that we take any and all threats seriously and immediately work with our law enforcement partners to investigate. Your child's safety is and always will be our #1 priority!
-Teague Middle School
Due to pending weather conditions, Track has been cancelled today, Feb. 12.
Teague Update 1-22-2018
Literacy Night @Teague – Please join us for a night of Band, Drama and Chorus performances, Core Content presentations, PSAT Results information and Opportunities to buy books at the Book Fair. literacy Night.docx
When: Tuesday January 23
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 PM.
Where: The evening begins in the cafeteria – light refreshment will be served.
2018-19 Teague Course Registration: Rising 7th and 8th grade students received registration forms and information last week. The forms have course descriptions on the inside and student related data on the front. A curriculum guide has been attached for additional information. Please review the new Program of Exploration: The Institute of Exploration @Teague Middle School on Page 17. Rising grade 8 students will be completing their requests on the computer tomorrow – January 23 and Thursday January 24. 2018-19 Teague Curriuclum Guide.pdf
2018-19 Lake Brantley Course Registration: Rising 9th grade students
AP Potential Night - January 25 (6 pm -8 pm)
Patriot Showcase - February 8 (6pm - 8pm) – Counselors available to answer questions
Coffee with counselors – Feb 9 (7:30 am at LBHS) Counselors available to answer questions
LBHS to Visit Teague – Feb. 1
Completion of course requests – Feb. 22 – on the Teague Campus
Ice Cream Social – April Ice Cream Social (Details forthcoming)
Revised Teague Lunch Detention information: In lieu of Teacher assigned Lunch Detentions, Teague will be implementing Teacher assigned morning detentions for those students in need. These detentions will occur from 8:15 AM – 8:45 AM Monday through Thursday in 3-104 A.
PTSA/Teague Spirit Night this Thursday: All Proceeds go to Teague.
Where: Rebounderz in Apopka
474 South Hunt Club Blvd
Apopka FL 32703
When: This Thursday 1/18/18 will take place from 5-9 pm.
Cost: $15 for an one and half hours of jump time which is a $5.00 savings. Please mention Teague.
(all participants must wear special socks that can be purchased for $3 and used at any Rebounderz locations and MUST have a waiver signed by guardian. Waivers can be completed at Rebounderz location or online!!
8th Grade Dance Committee Needs YOU!!
Informational meeting Tuesday January 16 – tomorrow evening!
6:00 pm Teague Media Center. Your help is appreciated – help us make this the best dance ever!
Teague Literacy Night: Tuesday January 23, 6:00 pm – 8:00 PM. Chorus and band performances, workshops, presentation about Understanding the PTSA scores, Book Fair and much, much more!!
Happy New Year to all Teague Families! We are excited for the return of all students, tomorrow. Please carefully review the information below, as we are resetting for a new semester in anticipation of success for all students.
- All students are to report to their Semester 1 first period class. Semester 2 schedules will be distributed at that time and students will be dismissed to proceed to the new first period class (if applicable). Please note: adjustments to schedules may have occurred, for some students, due to new electives, class size balancing and needed interventions.
- Students are expected to follow the SCPS dress code. Shirts must have collars or sleeves. Pants must be above the hips and without thigh high cuts and tears. Leggings must be accompanied with a shirt, skirt or shorts that go to mid-thigh. Hats are only permitted during cold weather but must be removed when entering the buildings (this applies to both males and females).
- Students are expected to arrive to class on time.
- Appropriate language and behaviors are expected at all times.
- Each class has a 10-minute freeze time at the beginning and end of each period.
- For the safety of all students and staff, identification badges are to be worn and visible at all time. Replacements can be obtained for a fee of $5.00.
- Food and Drink (except for water) are not permitted in the classroom and are not to be removed from the cafeteria. This prevents the occurrence of bugs and rodents.
- The raised hand, by any staff member, is the campus wide symbol for those in a classroom, meeting, or assembly to become silent and to focus on the speaker.
- Morning Academic Support and afternoon tutoring will resume next week. A schedule will be available later this week.
Thank you for the support you provide your child and the school. If you have a question about your child’s progress, please do not hesitate to make contact with the teacher. The teacher is the expert with regard to the course and the needs of the child. The counselors and administration will also provide support as needed.
Enjoy the day.
Deb Abbott, Principal
Spirit Night @ BURGERFI
Wednesday, December 20, 2017 5:00pm-8:00pm
1001 North State Road 434, Altamonte Springs, FL
Exams this week:
Monday period 1
Tuesday Periods 2 and 3
Wednesday: Periods 4 and 5
Thursday Periods 6 and 7
Chorus Concert: Tonight, Monday, 7:00 PM at LBHS
1:55 PM Tuesday, 12/19 – Thursday, 12/22
Friday 12/22/2017 – 1/5/2018
Classes resume Monday 1/8/2018 – all students will report to their Semester 1, first period class. New schedules will be distributed at that time and students will be dismissed to proceed to the new classes. Please note, adjustments to schedules might occur for some students to allow for new electives, class size balancing and needed interventions.
- Please be reminded that both the front and back gates open at 8:50 am each morning. Students are not to be on campus before that time, unless they are with a teacher and have entered through the front office.
- Aviation Day is occurring at the Sanford Orlando Airport tomorrow – Saturday Dec. 9 from 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- PACK the PATROL CAR – Sponsored by the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office –Donate an unwrapped toy, game or gift card in support of the SCPS children in need. A decorated box is located on the Teague stage in the cafeteria. Deadline for donation is Thursday December 14. Please Donate!
- SAC Meeting on Tuesday December 12, 7:30 am.
- Drama Play Thursday Evening December 14, 7:00 – 9:00 PM in the Teague Cafeteria.
- ELA Exams will take place on Tuesday, 12/13 and Wednesday, 12/14. The entire exam schedule can be found on the Teague Website.
- Teague Chorus Concert, Monday December 18 in the Lake Brantley Auditorium. 7:00 PM
- SAVE the DATE – Teague Spirit Night – Wednesday, December 20 – BurgerFi 5:00 – 8:00 PM. Sponsored by the Teague PTSA.
- Teague Spirit Day – Friday December 16 – ROCK STAR – wear your favorite Band T-Shirt.
- Revisions to Gate Closing: As reported in my message last week, we have received numerous concerns regarding student activity on the walkway connecting our campus to Bonnie Dr. This includes, wall climbing, trash throwing, property damage, confrontations and students exiting campus when arriving on campus prior to 8:50 am. As an interim step, beginning tomorrow, December 4, 2017, the gate to this walkway will be unlocked at 8:50 a.m. It will be re-locked at 9:15 a.m. and remain locked until dismissal at 4:55 p.m. Lastly it will be re-locked at 4:25 p.m. It is anticipated that limited access to the walkway will decrease the incidents reported. We will remain on this schedule for the remained of Semester 1. Monitoring of the area and of the behaviors of students accessing campus at this point will determine if additional measures must be taken. Thank you for your support of our efforts to assure the safety of our students and community.
- Science Night: Wednesday December 6, 2017, 6:00 – 8:00 PM. Join us for a night of Creativity and Innovation with presentations and hands on activities by our Robotics students, Orlando Science Center, Central Florida Zoo and Teague Science Fair. Science Night 12-6-2017.docx Food Trucks will be on site for a quick meal before the activities begin. Toa te Cheese Food Truck Menu.docx
- Other Events:
- Band Concert Dec. 5, in the Teague Gym Beginning at 7 – 9 pm
- Science Night Dec. 6, 6:00 – 8:00
- Apopka Parade Saturday Dec. 9 - Teague JROTC will be marching
Please be reminded that we are entering the last 4 weeks of Quarter 2. Quarter 2 exams will begin the week of December 11. Early Exams will not be given. If your child misses an exam day, he/she will need to make up the exam after the winter break. Please see the Exam schedule attached.
Revised Bell Sched 2nd Qtr Exams 17_18.docx
Effective Monday December 4, 2017 , the gate which opens to the connecting walkway between our campus and Bonnie Dr. will be permanently locked, preventing access to and from our campus. Teague M.S. and the Seminole County Sheriff’s department have received numerous complaints regarding vandalism to homes and property and inappropriate behaviors and speech on the walking trail behind the school that connects the Teague Property with Bonnie Drive. Although, Teague is unable to render discipline for actions that occur off of campus, it is our intent to take every action to assure that our neighbors are safe and free from harmful activities that could be caused by our students or students from neighboring schools. Therefore, effective Monday December 4, 2017 , the gate which opens to the connecting walkway will be permanently locked, preventing access to and from our campus. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Debra Abbott, Principal
PTSA/TEAGUE SPIRIT NIGHT – Wednesday November 15th 6 – 9 pm at Gators Dockside (Hunt Club)
1. Please VOTE!!!! TEAGUE is entered in the RED RIBBON Photo
Deadline for voting is Friday November 17.
2. Save the Date: December 6, 2017 Science Exploration Night, 6:00 – 8:00 pm. (Science fair exhibits, Activities presented by Orlando Science Center and the Central Florida Zoo, Robotics presentation by Teague Students.
3. Celebrate SPECK DAY with the band – Tomorrow – Monday Nov. 13. Wear Blue and show acts of kindness to others.
4. Grade 6 will be going to Holocaust Center this week. Please return permission slip and bus fee.
5. Mid quarter 2 ends this week. Grades will be posted to skyward by Friday. Hard Copy Progress Reports will not be sent home.
6. Teach -In Tuesday Nov. 14.
7. School will be closed November 20 – November 24. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
8. SAC Meeting Tuesday Nov 14, 7:30 am
The Greater American Fund Raiser Products arrived today. All items that were frozen or needed refrigeration were distributed to students today. All other items, not needing refrigeration, will be sent home with your child tomorrow – Friday 11-10-2017. Our deepest appreciation goes to all who supported this fund raiser.
Should you have questions, please contact our Fund Raiser Coordinator, Mr. Bundy, Dean.
Once again, thank you.
Debra Abbott, Principal
Tomorrow – Wednesday October 25 is Random Act of Kindness /Unity Day. Please remember to wear Orange in honor of the day. Also, take the time to meet a new friend, eat lunch with someone different and pass on a kind act to a fellow student.
Seminole Public Schools scheduled all students, grades 3-12, to change their passwords beginning Monday, Oct 23rd. Passwords changes will occur when a student logs on the school account, eCampust, Skyward.
If students need to reset their password from home, please read the following requirements.
- Minimum of 8 characters
- Password cannot be on the previously three passwords utilized
- Best practice is to utilize caps, lowercase, special characters, numbers in a password or passphrase
Parents – did you receive the report card last Friday. Report Cards were given to all students. Please visit Skyward for regular monitoring of your child’s progress.
Teague Update 10-17-2017
1. Report cards will go home on Friday Oct. 20
2. Fall Dance Oct. 20, 4:00 – 6:00 pm. Tickets will be sold during all lunch periods. No Tickets will be sold at the door.
3. This is the last week for free breakfast and lunch for all students. Please see the letter attached, for information on how to apply for continued assistance.
Letter Free Reduced 9-28-17.pdf
4. Band Concert Thursday October 19: 7:00 pm, Teague Gym
5. Band is seeking instrument donations - With the increase in student enrollment, since the hurricane, Teague has identified a need for additional band instruments. We encourage you to support the band by donating any unused, dusty, forgotten instruments that might be stored in your home. We will provide you a letter acknowledging the donation.
6. Volley Ball Game – Wednesday Oct. 18 Girls at Millenium, boys at home.
7. Volleyball Tournament – Saturday October 22 – Details forthcoming.
8. PTSA Spirit Night October 24: Venus Pizza 910 Sand Lake Road, near Lake Brantley. Takeout, delivery or dine-in 10% of all proceeds will go to the Teague PTSA. Show your school spirit and support PTSA!!
I would like to extend my deepest appreciation, for our staff, students, and Law Enforcement and the manner in which they handled the Code Red Lock down. The Code Red Lock down was implemented due to a report regarding the siting of a suspicious person in the area. As is customary, and in compliance with protocol,, law enforcement searched our campus and the surrounding areas. All measures were in place and used to provide for the safety of our students and staff. The siting was unfounded and the lock down was lifted at approximately 3:40 PM.
At approximately 3:40 pm on October 2, 2017, The Code Red at Teague ended. All students and staff are safe and preparing for the end of day dismissal.
At approximately 2:30 pm on Monday October 2, 2017 Teague middle school was alerted to a suspicious person in the neighborhood. Teague immediately went on a code red and will remain on the Code Red until all has been cleared.
October 11 – PSAT will be administered to all grade 8 students. Please see the attached documents for details. It is important that all students, entitled to accommodations, return the ESE accommodation letter to guidance.
PSAT-8-9 flyer.pdf Accommodation PSAT Ltr.doc Parent Information.docx Ltr to Parents PSAT.doc
1. All Middle School Volleyball games have been cancelled for this week.
2. Thursday Sept. 21 – The Teague PTSA is sponsoring a Spirit Night at Jimmy John’s on 436 and Hunt Club. Support your PTSA and School while enjoying the company of friends and family.
3. PTSA sponsored Spirit Shirt orders are here and have been delivered to the students. Please contact PTSA President Cary Klinger at CKlinger17@aol.com, should you have questions.
4. The Teague Band will be performing with the Lake Brantley Band on Friday September 22 during the Pre-Game Show. Join us at the game to support our Tigers.
5. Please continue to donate to the Teague Food Pantry. In addition, please visit our pantry if you are in need.
Enjoy the evening.
Deb Abbott, Principal
Teague has many families that are still in need of food. If you are able to donate items, please drop off your donations to Teague’s front office. The following items are needed: Crackers, Peanut Butter, Jelly, Cereal, Non-Refrigerated Milk, Toiletries, Water, If possible, any easy-open canned items such as Canned Fruit, Tuna, Apple Sauce, etc.
All donations are appreciated at this time. Thank you for your support!
Dear Teague Families,
We are excited to get the students and staff back on campus. However, we have not lost sight of those who might still be in need of assistance. Teague has a food pantry available. Please do not hesitate to come by the school to pick up food items or have your student pick them up from the front office.
In the wake of Hurricane Irma, the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS), Division of Food, Nutrition and Wellness (FNW) has provided SCPS approval to serve all students meals (breakfast and lunch) at no charge starting September 18th
through October 20th
. The district staff is in the process of communicating this information to our families. With many families without electricity and out of work this past week, we hope this will bring some relief and help with their path of returning to normalcy. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to your campus restaurant manager or myself.
If you are need of assistance from FEMA, please access the website below.
I and the administrative team are here to provide support and assistance to our students and families. Please reach out to us as the need arises.
Debra Abbott, Principal
I am pleased to announce that Teague did not encounter any severe damage during the Hurricane. As of today, Teague has regained full power, phone service and internet. We look forward to seeing the students and staff on Monday September 18. Please see the attached memo, from the SCPS District office, for additional details:
In addition, if you find yourself and family in need of food, please stop by Teague on Monday, as we have a food pantry. We also welcome donations from those who have extra supplies.
We wish for all, the return of power, water and a normal routine.
Debra Abbott, Principal
It has been announced that school will be closed tomorrow. Please be safe.
Debra Abbott, Principal
1. Please remember that school will be in session tomorrow, Friday September 8, 2017 and will be closed on Monday September 11, 2017. We will follow the standard protocols for absences that occur tomorrow. If it is necessary for your child to be absent from school, tomorrow, he/she must return with a note from the parent/guardian stating the reason for the absence.
2. The following schools have been identified as shelters during the hurricane:
Lake Mary HS
Crystal Lake ES
3. Students received the Fund Raising Packets, yesterday, 9/6/2017. Our goal is for each student to earn a minimum of $10.00 of profit by selling merchandise from the Fundraiser Catalog. If you choose not to participate in the fundraiser, but would still like to support our school, you may also donate directly to Teague. Donation checks should be made payable to Teague Middle School. Fundraising turn in days are: September 15 and 22. All orders will be collected during lunch time.
Please monitor the SPCS website for regular updates regarding the Hurricane and School status.
Teague Middle School just completed a CODE RED Lock Down DRILL. Our staff and students did an excellent job at following protocols for safety. Thank you.
Debra Abbott, Principal
- Seminole County Public Schools and Teague Middle School are committed to serving and supporting the diversity of our community. Parents and community members are invited to partner with us to ensure that each student, regardless of background, is challenged to their fullest potential and is provided a caring environment. Teague is currently seeking former and new members to serve on the School Advisory Council (SAC) for the 2017-18 school year. Please join us for our first SAC Meeting on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 7:30 AM. If you have any questions, contact Cynthia Woods, Assistant Principal and SAC Coordinator at (407) 320-1573.
- We are excited to kick off our Great American Fundraiser! This is a great opportunity to help our school, have fun, and earn super prizes. The money we raise will be used to increase and update the technology on our campus. Here's how you can help: when your child comes home on September 6, ask them show you their fundraising packet. Our goal is for each student to earn a minimum of $10.00 of profit by selling merchandise from the Fundraiser Catalog. If you choose not to participate in the fundraiser, but would still like to support our school, you may also donate directly to Teague. Donation checks should be made payable to Teague Middle School. Fundraising turn in days are: September 7, 15 and 22. All orders will be collected during lunch time.
Please note: if each child would earn $10.00 in profit or receive a $10.00 donation, our school would receive $14,000.00, allowing for the purchase of approximately 20 Lenovo laptops, to be used in the classrooms.
- BOX TOPS – please save your box tops. Teague is reviving the collection of Box Tops. Donate to a teacher or place your collection in the containers found in the Front Office or in Guidance. Proceeds received from the collection will be used in the classrooms.
- Please monitor the SCPS Website for updates on the status of Hurricane Irma.
- PTSA reminder – Tomorrow – Friday August 25, Spirit shirt orders are due to your child’s first period teacher. Order forms were sent home with your child earlier this week and were sent via a Teague Update. Please show your TIGER Spirit and order your shirt tomorrow. Order forms and payments can be given to the first period teacher. GO TIGERS!
- The number of students entering and withdrawing from Teague has begun to stabilize. Review of the master schedule has identified core classes that are unbalanced with regard to class size. In an attempt to balance the class loads, it will be necessary to close some classes and open others. This will cause a schedule change for some students. We will make every effort to keep students with currently scheduled teachers. We thank you for your support and patience as we address the need to balance class size.
- Remember to access SKYWARD Family Access and eCampus in order to stay updated on your child’s grades, attendance and course assignments.
I want to extend my gratitude, to all, for your patience as we processed the sign-out of students this afternoon. Teamwork among staff and parents was the key for a smooth afternoon.
Please be reminded:
1. Band Parent night will be tomorrow night – Tuesday August 22 from 6:30 – 8:30.
2. Spirit Shirt Orders - Due this Friday August 25th
Fridays are Spirit Day! Order your Spirit Shirt Now!
Order Sheet attached: Teague Spirit Day T-Shirt Order Form.pdf
Complete your order form and send in to your child's first period teacher no later than Friday.
Shirts will be delivered to your child at school. Support the PTSA and show your school spirit !!
3. Dividend Kick-off – Teague invites you to join us on Friday August 25, at 3:00 pm in the media center. Learn how you can contribute to Teague through your time and talents. Light snacks will be served.
- Solar Eclipse memo:
- Teague will be on a Block Schedule, tomorrow, 8-21-2017.
- NO classes will be going outside to observe the eclipse.
- Students will attend periods 1,3,5. Instruction will occur as usual.
- Students will remain in period 5 from 12:55 ( all lunches are complete) – 3:55 (dismissal).
- All classes that are scheduled for portables during period 5, will be relocated to rooms in the main buildings.
- During period 5, students will be escorted to restrooms on an as needed basis.
- Parents may report to the main office to sign out students. Students will be escorted to the office when signed out.
- Students will only be released to parents, guardians and approved persons, as indicated by the parent/guardian, on the information cards previously turned in.
Debra Abbott, Principal
SCHOOL PICTURES are Tomorrow!
Please be reminded that the Teague Open House will occur on Thursday Evening, 8-17-2017, from 6:00 pm – approximately 8:30 pm. This is an opportunity to meet the teachers, hear about their curriculum, expectations and programs. These classroom meetings will last approximately 10 minutes each. As you can see, this is not enough time to meet regarding individual students. Should you need to talk with a teacher for an extended period of time, you are always encouraged to schedule a Parent/Teacher Conference.
Our evening will proceed as follows:
- Your child’s schedule can be accessed through Skyward Family Access.
- A copy of your child’s schedule will also be available in his/her first period class. Location of first period classes will be posted on the windows of the cafeteria.
- The Guidance Office will be available from 5:30 – 6:00 pm if you need to register for Skyward Family access, eCampus or to register as a dividend.
- Information table will be available on campus. (Yearbook, PTSA, PBS, DIVIDENDS)
Please stop by as you move toward the Opening Remarks in the gym.
Classroom visitation Schedule:
6:00 pm GYM – Welcome and Introductions
6:30 – approx. 8:30 pm Classrooms Visitation by period.
approx 8:30 pm Closing Remarks via PA system
Parking will be available behind the school and on the athletic field.
Teague now offers an afternoon program for our students. Please see the attached flyer for registration information: KZone Flyer 2017.pdf
Please address all questions to our Site Coordinator, Karen Struck at Karen_Struck@scps.k12.fl.us.
Deb Abbott, Principal
Dear Teague Families,
Good Evening Families,
The 2017-18 school year greets us with excitement across the campus. We welcome all new students and their families, as well as, all new teachers and staff. We look forward to every opportunity to “INSPIRE, CREATE and INNOVATE”, within our classes, clubs and activities, to assure that the Teague students develop Future Ready Skills.
Please join us on Thursday, August 17, for our Annual Open House. The evening will begin promptly at 6:00 pm, in the gym, for a short welcome and message. Families will then follow their child’s schedule, meet the teachers, learn about the expectations of each class and have an opportunity to meet other families. Families will also have an opportunity to join the PTSA, prior to 6:00 pm, and buy the 2017-18 Teague Spirit Shirt. Additional Open House information will be sent home with your child on Wednesday, August 16.
Also, please remember that School Pictures will occur on Thursday August 17 during your child’s Social Studies Class. Information will be sent home this week.
I look forward to working with your child and you, and invite you to become a volunteer at our school.
Debra Abbott, Principal
Summer break has been a busy time on our campus. The month of June provided academic and enrichment opportunities through participation in YMCA Camp, Art Camp, Band Camp and Summer Bridges Reading. All of these events allowed the students to sharpen their academic and social skills, all leading to a successful 2017-2018 school year. New students are enrolling, new teachers are being hired and new administrators have been selected to join me in leading the school. I am honored to welcome Assistant Principal Betty Rodriques and Assistant Principal Cynthia Woods to our Teague family. Both come to us with experience from other middle schools in Seminole County and each will be an asset to our students and community.
Our summer staff is working to have all aspects of the school campus ready for the return of students, teachers and staff. The interior rooms and hallways are being painted, the floors are being polished, schedules reviewed and books are stacked. Many of our teachers have been actively participating in professional development opportunities in preparation for quality instruction that includes differentiated instruction, blended learning, higher level thinking and student centered engagement.
I am excited to announce that the School Board of Seminole County has approved Teague for a new Program of Exploration. We will now be recognized as the Institute of Innovation @ Teague Middle School. The Institute of Innovation @ Teague Middle School aims to create an inspired, student-centered spirit in our school community. Our students will develop skills necessary to create their personal brand, to pursue their passions and to creatively solve problems. Teague will cultivate Future Ready Graduates who INSPIRE, CREATE and INNOVATE. An Innovation Lab is being developed to house the first course offered in the program. However, the theme to INSPIRE, CREATE and INNOVATE will occur campus wide. Details will be forthcoming.
Teague will continue to focus on the skills identified in the Florida State Standard, use data to inform instruction, consistently implement, with fidelity, newly adopted direct instruction strategies and provide exciting and challenging enrichment opportunities for all students. In addition, we will build positive relationships that inspire and encourage all students. Instruction that is student centered, focused on standards, guided by data and grounded on positive relationship will assure that our students are given every opportunity to INSPIRE, CREATE and INNOVATE!
Teague cannot be completely successful without the support of our parents, families and community partners. It is our vision that parents join us in our efforts to provide students with a well-balanced academic and social experience. I welcome parents to help in the Media Center, hallways, lunches and throughout the campus. Please join us as we walk the halls, mentor students and model the behaviors expected on our campus. I encourage you to actively participate in PTSA, SAC and all events of the school. I welcome you to contact teachers, guidance and administration with questions, concerns and feedback. Together we will assure the success of all students.
I look forward to meeting you on August 2 during 7th and 8th grade schedule pickup (9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m..) and during 6th grade schedule pickup (1:00 p.m.– 3:30 p.m.- ice cream will be provided for incoming 6th graders). Also, please mark your calendars for Open House on August 17, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
1. Thursday May 18 – Hat day. Donate $1.00 to PBS and be able to wear your favorite, appropriate hat. Make your donation to Ms. Argrett, in the cafeteria, first ting in the morning.
2. Friday May 19, 6-9 PM – 8th grade dance. Tickets WILL NOT be sold at the door. In addition, to having a ticket, students must be in attendance all day Friday in order to attend.
4. Friday May 19 Last day for YMCA After School Program
5. Wednesday May 24 – Friday May 26 Early release days. School ends at 1:50 pm. Back Packs WILL NOT be permitted on early release days.
6. All rising grade 7 students must have the TDap vaccination prior to Schedule Pick up on August 2.